Healthcare and Life Sciences
Healthcare & Life Sciences disputes span a wide range of specialized and often highly technical issues. Parties with these types of disputes will benefit from a specialized neutral with understanding of the subject matter, thereby saving the time and cost in educating the neutral as to key issues relevant to their dispute.
HEALTHCARE & LIFE SCIENCES PANEL OF NEUTRALS
The Healthcare & Life Sciences Panel of Neutrals is comprised of highly-qualified, diverse and experienced neutrals. They are experts in matters involving health care entities, hospitals and hospital systems, physicians and other providers, collaborative arrangements, managed care and HMOs, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, as well as the complex regulatory framework in which they operate. The panel also includes neutrals with experience in intellectual property related to health care and the life sciences, clinical trials, R&D and bioethics.
Our Panel of Neutrals includes:
- Former Pharma patent attorney with experience as Sloan Kettering researcher
- Former IP attorney with experience as a scientist and with PhD in Biochemistry
- Former Acting Chief Counsel of the FDA
- Former US Patent Examiner in Mechanical and Surgical Arts
- Several former GCs or Heads of Litigation for Pharma, medical device and generics companies
CPR’S RULES & PROCEDURES
Our rules, protocols, and model clauses are driven and informed by the CPR Institute, a collection of expert end-users on the front lines of dispute resolution. The CPR Institute’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Committee comprises leading practitioners, corporate counsel, academics, and neutrals.
Parties can use any of CPR’s Rules or Procedures to effectively manage their healthcare and life sciences disputes, including CPR’s Administered Arbitration Rules or Mediation Procedures, any of CPR’s Fast Track Procedures, or the Patent & Trade Secret Arbitration Rules for relevant disputes.
EXPERTISE IN CASE MANAGEMENT
The CPR Dispute Resolution team is responsive, efficient, and detail oriented. Our case managers have extensive experience in ADR, with backgrounds at a range of provider institutions, and have managed matters across the globe and in a wide variety of different subject areas.
REPRESENTATIVE HEALTHCARE AND LIFE SCIENCES DISPUTES ADMINISTERED BY CPR
• Arising from clinical trials, development, manufacturing, marketing and licensing agreements
• Involving the supply chain with distributors, vendors, hospitals and PBMs
• Relating to intellectual property matters
• Involving Rx and OTC products, animal health products, biotech products and medical devices