Energy, Oil & Gas
Energy, Oil & Gas is a highly specialized industry with a wide range of matters, which often involve large amounts in dispute. Parties benefit from CPR’s experienced case managers and specialized neutrals with understanding of the subject matter, saving the time and cost in educating the neutral as to key issues relevant to their dispute.
CPR's Dispute Resolution Services have handled a wide range of disputes arising out of the Energy, Oil and Gas industry: disputes in connection with power purchase agreements, coal supply agreements, energy services agreements, oil & gas royalties and sales, operating and development agreements, pipelines, JOVS, and investment disputes involving energy, among others. We understand the nuances and complexities of the industry and can anticipate the needs of the parties. Parties to an energy dispute can come to DRS for their arbitration and mediation needs, for neutral appointment or other services such as deal facilitation and dispute resolution boards.
ENERGY, OIL & GAS PANEL OF NEUTRALS
The Energy, Oil & Gas Panel of Neutrals is a blue-ribbon international panel including former General Counsel and other energy neutrals who are experts in resolving complex energy disputes including those involving alternative energy sources, fossil fuels, electrical, gas and nuclear specialties and can conduct proceedings in 10 different languages.
OUR PANEL OF NEUTRALS INCLUDES:
- Chaired professor of Energy Law at SMU and former advisor to U.S. Department of Commerce
- Former in-house counsel for worldwide power conglomerate
- Engineer with experience on some of the world’s largest power plant megaprojects
- Former legal and technical advisor to FERC
- International practitioners with experience in solar, wind, biomass, geothermal and turbines
- Several former trial and appellate judges with extensive Oil & Gas experience
CPR’S RULES & PROCEDURES
Our rules, protocols, and model clauses are driven and informed by the CPR Institute, a collection of expert end-users on the front lines of dispute resolution.
- CPR's Administered Arbitration Rules are a comprehensive and easy-to-use set of rules for your disputes that were created with input from the CPR Institute’s Energy, Oil & Gas Committee, including leading practitioners, corporate counsel, academics, and neutrals.
- Parties can use any of CPR’s Rules or Procedures to effectively manage their energy, oil and gas disputes, including CPR’s Administered Arbitration Rules or Mediation Procedures, any of CPR’s Fast Track Procedures, or the Rules for Expedited Arbitration of Construction Disputes.
EXPERTISE IN CASE MANAGEMENT
The CPR Dispute Resolution team is responsive, efficient, and detail oriented. Our case managers have extensive experience in ADR, with backgrounds at a range of provider institutions, and have managed matters across the globe and in a wide variety of different subject areas.